Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Who's Counting?

Well, I suppose I am :)  I am 5 weeks into my 18 week marathon training plan and so far, I have run a total of 98.05 miles!  In 5 weeks!  I have to say, the heat sure makes it hard getting in the miles but I love the early sunrise so I can get most of it done in the mornings.  Once fall hits and the mornings become dark and cool, getting out of bed gets a little more difficult.  At least I've got some good friends to keep me going!  I also keep this calendar on my fridge, right in my face everyday, asking how many miles I've run today.  Wouldn't want to let this pesky calendar down!

This weekend my friend Mary and I are going to Davenport to race The Bix.  It's a hilly and hot course, but we love the popsicles and food at the end.  This is only my 2nd year, but I love it!  And from there, my long runs start increasing 14, 15, 17, 18, 20 (eek), and so on.....oh boy, I hope I can do it!  Wish me luck, 13 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment